Monday, October 15, 2007

Time Travel to to the fashionable and beyond.

It’s a worry we all have I know I myself was once afraid too however, should you fit yourself falling into a black hole, time vortex or just walk into the wrong sort of phone box (I do it all the time myself almost a daily occurrence) and then find yourself in rather a different time you always want to look your best lets face it a few hundreds years is no excuse you should always be prepared for the worst.

No I’m not going to claim to be the world best authority in historical accuracy so please don’t comment going “OMG I can believe you used those cuffs so not 1830 more 1850 how could you be SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong”

Anyways I was using a telephone box round the corner from my shop but as soon as I pressed the Dial Tone it felt ever so odd, there was a far off voice quoting film lines too me “I don’t think were in Kansas anymore Toto”. How I managed the power of time travel is still beyond me maybe it was my slightly clichés space age jacket or that fact that I’m clearly wanted in all time zones. We may never know…..

Hair- Armidi the Milano II in orchid
Jacket - Mimikri City Cat Silver Jacket (this designer is a brillant up and comer)
Gloves - TaP
Ring - P.C's limited jewlary expo collection black pearl
Shorts - Candy Apple from G.L.A.M (there old)
Socks- Maitreya
Shoes -Crisis Sculptie pumps
Skin - Loveys peach
(and bedroom lashes by Cake are worn in ALL shoots)

As you can see I landed in ancient Egypt….. and of coarse such savages should be greeted with due care therefore its best to have that “played down” chic. Don’t draw attention to ones self and try and blend in.

This is my somewhat played down outfit

Hair – Amidala Style from Curl Up and Dye
Top (worn tucked in yes they come in all layers which RULES) – Sh*t Happens
Jacket – Part of the Nicky Ree Tang Gold Dress
Skirt- X3d Tulle Gown from the Wicked collection.
Skin- Tap Vivant Feline in almond

Next up I thought id jump a few years to the 17th century (*ish*, don’t shoot me costume genius’s). It was a cold night so I thought it play up my chic appearance, bright colours are a must rich gold’s and luxurious reds. But seeing as everyone and their mother had them on and I wanted to wow my fans I toned it down. I’ve already had a higher opinion of people who run from the bandwagon screaming and flailing their handbags wildly.

Outfit – the Virgin outfit from wardrobe trunk
Hair- Coif by Paulie (yes its unrealised biatches)
Skin – my favourite skin I own I seriously can’t take it off! Draconic Kiss Theresa
Shoes- X3d Virgin flower shoes

Now to the future because “hey who wants to be soooo last century?!?”

Clearly ruling the catwalk 100 years from now will be Viking space cyborgs, there hot you know you like them :P

I’m actually rather in love with the Prim work on the suit its fairly easy to mod as well so well worth the 1k lidon if you intend to push the boat out with you wardrobe. The fact it was pink was the icing on the mechanical cake.

Hair - BrunHilda by BLEACH
Space Suit The Girl Power 3000 Special Edition "EVE" Mech Suit by Cyberpunk Apocalypse
Skin - MIW Dawn in Pale


Now Children what was the point of this post? In fact any of my blogging? It’s been observed I have a slightly somewhat eccentric fashion sense I’m fond of wearing odd combinations whether they work or not. I cant help but notice one the fashion feed and in world people are clinging far too lovingly to there jeans and sparkly tops now as great as this party classic is don’t you think in a world without rules and fashion boundaries we should ALL be pushing the envelope?

Have fun and burn those party time jeans!

Marni
xxx



3 comments:

Scarlett Niven said...

Great post! Fashion is about pushing the envelope and you do it with style and wit!

Tenshi said...

you are soooo weird... :)

Eyva Matova said...

I love it when you incite violence and somehow make it about fashion, now to go burn those pants...