Thursday, July 12, 2007

Natural Tones

My experience with jewelry is limited, and very much like RL, I haven't got a huge collection that I can mix and match every day. Until today. I was motivated to find some pretty things and came across Earthtones at the Promenade. I had a quick look and decided to check the main store for the complete range.

I'm not big on the coloured stones, I prefer subtle silver jewelry usually, but when I saw the Boho sets I was in awe. Every piece has beautifully done textures, but what instantly grabs me are the unusual shapes and originality in design which make these wooden sets flawless. The Boho Gypsy Necklace I'm wearing here is my instant favourite, the off center loops and random placement of wicker and wood are eclectic and unusual, and the tones are simultaneously dusky but bright, and so completing any outfit day or night. On my wrist is the Giraffe Bangle (stacked), from the Animal Fever collection. In each bangle set you get a stacked in the print, a few stacked thin bangles (shown below), and a single thin bangle and I love that you get extras from the display shown. The Solitaire ring is a cute simple design offered with a colour-changeable crystal.


I couldn't help myself, I also had to buy these Figured Wood Earrings which are also from the Boho collection. They look so earthy, as if shaped from clay in an exotic far away place, like Morocco. The necklace is another piece in the collection I had to have, it has a bit of a harder edge than the rest and goes great with a more urban look. Both the necklaces were easy to fit, after they appeared a little in my chest to start I got them to align perfectly in a minute. Although this may be a case of deformity on my part, I really am an amateur at tuning my shape but I'm working on it.

Lucas Lameth seems to be pretty well known for his jewelry talents, and I can see why. He has mastered small prims and if he ever gives classes on texturing I'm right there. I was also really impressed with the main store at Bushido Bay, it's one of the best designed I've seen. Of extra note is that most sets are also sold in their separate pieces for your choice of co-ordination.

Visit In-world:
Earthtones Main Store

Earthtones blog:
Earthtones

Friends List: No Review Copies: No
The List

Jewelry:
All Earthtones

Skin: Loveys Chai - Blueberry (nekid) (187, 161, 30)

Hair: Naughty - Paris II - Warm Sand (80, 168, 24)

Top: Refuge - Adoration top (55, 67, 24)

No comments: