Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Beachwear with couture talents

One of the first landmarks I made sure I kept was Sand Shack Surf Co. Beachwear was something that a lot of people did, but Emma Gilmour has made it a style all of her own. I have consistently returned to her stores and am always amazed at the new levels she reaches with every release. I've covered here some of my favourites from the store as well as some brand new items.

The polkadot is a hard pattern to master, and Emma's done it with Dotalicious Halter, seen here in Chocolate. Her jeans are an excellent fit, an and can be modified easily while keeping the look intact. Her talent at handdrawing these jeans is obvious, the seams are perfect, and like everything I've seen so far, the texturing is an asset to the clothing. I'm not sure why there is no extra beltline detailing, but the low waist is fantastic and goes perfectly with long tanks or a bare midriff. Her hair talents have been growing, and the first hair I saw was Lola, a loose ponytail secured by pins that really stays true to her beachwear theme, I bought three colours and love them all. The texture is excellent and I didn't have to fuss around with fitting it to my head, it's pretty much perfect.

While I'm also not an obsessive sunglass wearer, these Splash shades were too fantastic and too cheap to pass by. At 95L I almost feel guilty. Almost. I have these in the Chocolate shown and blue. If you look on the side of the frames you can see her logo, and included in the set are a pair that rest on top of your head...cute! The Shoulder top is a new item, seen here in Storm. The off the shoulder style keeps it casual, I'm wearing the Taggy Top in white underneath. My favourite so far, the Funky Fringe jacket, is a little more dressed up but keeps that wearability to make it a staple item. It shows off the best features of this designer in that you can mix and match with other items to make wholly different outfits. The detailing on this jacket is great, particularly the actualy fringing on the collar which is subtle but adds to the originality. I'm wearing the jacket in lime here, but I couldn't stay away from the reds as well. Finally, the shoes! Flats aren't done too much, and there are only a few that do them well. These are done well. Available in solid colours, or pay a little extra for the patterned styles, the Delia flats look like they took a lot of painstaking hours to create, but also look so comfy! Boardwalk are the ones I'm wearing, and the textures on these give them that casual natural fibre look.

Visit Emma's Main Store in-world here:
Shopping Islands (115, 142, 23)
(I'm still working on slurls, give me time!)

Or see her blog here:
Everything Beachy



Review Copies: No Friends List: No

The List

Earrings: Canimal - Natural Earrings (198, 68, 26)

Bangles: turnstyle Choco-Bloo Bangle Set (232, 141, 398)

Belt: Last Call Fascienne Belt (no longer available) (116, 79, 22)

Skin: Loveys Chai Vanilla (nekid) (187, 161, 30)

Everything else: Sand Shack Surf Co.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love how you put everything together and the way you say it, I am loving your blog :D What do you use to take pictures of the clothing, i.e. the pictures you have on this entry? I love the way it's put together and I often wonder what people use to get those poses or multi-pose pictures and backgrounds with the little pictures of the detail up front, it looks great Eyva!