Friday, March 21, 2008

Key Pieces

Has anyone else noticed that over the last couple of months there seems to have been a massive jump in the amount of designers with extraordinary talent? Or should I say, the large number of designers whose skills just seemed to increase tenfold? Armidi already had strongly skilled artists when the sim was revealed a while ago now, but with the new additions of designers who were creative forces on their own, the overall skillset is phenomenal. But it's not just larger labels that have grown. MG Fashion was already a cute store with quality items, but Maria Gherardi really seemed to come into her own with her self named release Maria, a set of detailed blouses and silk skirts, and since then each piece has highlighted her skill with beautiful textures and uniquely shaped sculpties.

Quite often I find myself challenged in the personal style department. Finding it all too easy to go overboard and try to wear everything I just bought all at once, I'm learning, I hope, to tone it down when the time suits. For these pictures I have selected a key piece purchased over the last week, mixed in with some classic staples in my wardrobe. I'm still continuing to fight the urge to wear everything I own of a particular designer all at once, so bear with me.




Available in a wide range of colours, this jumpsuit from Armidi immediately brought JLo - superponytail - gold bling - to mind but I overlooked my first instinct and purchased this one in Cornflower. So instead I went a little wrong side of town with this one and roughed it up with some dramatic lips, which is actually a free skin from Rosemar. This piece just seems to highlight exactly what I'd hoped for from the designers, the shading, textures and seams are excellent, the sculpties needed no adjustment. From my own experience making simple jeans I appreciate how hard it is to make a whole denim outfit.




Elegance is a running theme I notice when I visit MG, and the Hunting Season sweater is no exception. Maria does warm winter clothing very well, I'm a big fan of her natural fibre-feeling texturing and the subtle colour options. A couple of items from G.L.A.M. have become go-to pieces, and the buttoned trousers I have on show why. When you visit the store you can see they offer basically everything you need to build up your wardrobe, as well as more statement items.





I pieced together this look beginning with the makeup. Being oblivious to Gala Phoenix's work until the Skin Fair, I was giddy when trying the demos, and now am slowly purchasing the entire range as I can afford it. Along with Roberta Beauchamps' Wax Poetic lines, Gala was the standout for me, her faces look realistic while still creating unique looks with each makeup option. Some skin designers make the skin tone then just tint the eyeshadow, but Gala and Roberta both create whole new looks, even with subtle makeups. Also loving the Armidi pants, they seem very rock n roll, and these chucks I've had forever from Old Gravy.


Review Copies - Nu Rave Glasses by Royal Blue were a gift.
Friends List - Yes, Jumpsuit and Nu Rave Glasses.

Credits

Hair - Mirai Natu in Coco
Jumpsuit - Armidi Limited in Cornflower
Glasses - Royal Blue - Nu Rave Glasses in Pink
Shoes - Stiletto moody - Pump & Anklestrap in Black
Skin - Rosemar - Creampuff in Twine **FREE
Ring - P.C. - Emerald ring
Necklace - Miam Miam - Layered necklace with beads
Eyes - Tuli - Amber eyes

Hair - Armidi - St Moritz in Smoked Nutshell
Top - MG Fashion - Hunting Season Sweater in Cream
Pants - G.L.A.M. - Buttoned Trousers in White
Shoes - Armidi Gisaci - Dhali Bow Platforms in Bole
Skin - LF Chai - Honey in Siyu
Ring - Yummy - Juicy Ring
Eyes - Tuli - Amber eyes

Hair - Aden - Edie in Black
Top - Last Call - Hunt Club Jumper in Black
Pants - Armidi Limtied - Kogo Skinny Pants in Ruby Red
Brassiere - Artilleri - Deanna Brassiere Top in Cherry Black
Skin - Gala Pheonix - Opaline - Doily Eyes
Eyes - Fashionable Dead - Green Eyes
Bandage - The Syndicate - Violence Solves Everything Bracer
Necklace - Yummy - Mini Robot Necklace

2 comments:

Arianna Psaltery said...

Yes there are a lot of great designers :) I remember when you could count the number of excellent ones on two hands. Now they're everywhere...or almost :) Love that first and second outfit :)

Marni Grut said...

Ohhhh love these shots eyva!


<3