Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Do Clothes have Soul?

Iv been shut out of the grid for nearly a week now (oh my god im going stir crazy too) and there was a blog post I’ve been meaning to do for a long time. Now seem as good as any (although I had to find the image from the onrez shop so forgive that)

In RL we all have that dress that makes us feel special were queen of the party in it. Or maybe it’s a pair of shoes possibly apiece of jewellery. But I think any true fashoinista has that one item that always has a wow factor for them.

I began to think the other day about possibly having that one item in SL, that one treasured item. That on item that if our inventories died we’d genuinely miss (thankfully with SL rebuying things is easy)

My favourite Item is from a designer that’s always had a lot of press but when I was bought this dress I honestly had no clue about anything is SL.

During my first week on SL I made friends with a club owner called Lada Charlton who used to own a 40’s jazz club (which was the best on the grid) but was sadly shut down. I ended up acquiring the dress by winning a competition she had run and gained her as a close friend as well.

I wore the dress a lot in my noobish days and was always complemented on it. In fact it was possibly the most expensive item id had for a while and even today its one of my favourites.

As you can see it’s the paper couture sping06 amour gown. A simple across the bust dress, I think it have a very prom like look to it but the volume and chunky belt bring it towards a more contemporary look.

Shown above styled by Paper couture I normally wear it with coloured tights and possibly another top on the undershirt layer to make it less formal.

This is most certainly my most treasured item on SL its not the most practical or most expensive even the more unusual but I feel its and item that defiantly have soul to. Even if it is just pixels

Does anyone else feel like this about something they own?



Hope to see everyone back on the grid soon



Marni

xxxxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely - I was adrift in SL when I first started, and hadn't worked out who "I" was yet. Then I found Chaospire, and the Succubus ensemble. That was the catalyst for me becoming one of the sexiest demonesses in SL, ;) and is still treasured to this day - and bought out when I am feeling retro.

Marni Grut said...

I think becuase SL's doesnt need to have stapple peices in our wardrobes this is the way of doing it.

A personal classic

Marni

Eyva Matova said...

Those eyebrows are HOT.

Marni Grut said...

Im currently think of making a another shop skin with make up like that actuly rele rob the whole look

Eyva Matova said...

Hahaha, well if anyone can do it, you can :)